On the Stack Exchange "Filtered Questions" page, how can I duplicate a filter I have made already? I would like to use that filter as a template for other filters.
There is one such way I know that you can achieve this functionality, but it requires a 'filter buddy'...
- Get yourself a 'filter buddy' (somebody who also has a StackExchange account)
- Send them the URL of your filter that you want to copy
- When they opens the filter, it will say something like "You are viewing a filter created by another user.", with a button to "Save to my filters" - have your 'filter buddy' click this
- Get your 'filter buddy' to send you the new URL for the filter they just acquired
- When you open the URL, you will get prompted with the same "Save to my filters" option - Do this
- Open your new duplicate filter, and click the "Edit" option (next to the title), and configure your new cloned-from-template filter
Not ideal I know, but if you want a dedicated feature then you should consider raising this as a "feature request" instead (which I notice you have since re-tagged)