Related SO question: Ad hoc polymorphism and heterogeneous containers with value semantics
- I have this problem that has been bugging me for ages.
- Truckloads of people ask about the very same problem, just maybe not in the exact same wording, and yet they always get what I feel is inadequate answers.
- I didn't find any question/answer that (IMO) fully solves it, be it on SO or elsewhere.
- I finally found a simple and elegant solution (yes I know this contradicts the previous statement, please just think chronologically, ta).
So I felt compelled to share my find on SO.
I made as much efforts as possible to make it a good Q/A in the SE style ("ingenuous" question, detailed answer) but nobody's perfect and I definitely am not so I'm asking for any specific advices and opinions you can throw at me to make it better.
Side question: since I "ripped it off" someone else, would it be better to make it Community Wiki? I don't really care that much about rep (though I'll still gladly take it if I "must" :-p), my main concerns are, priority-wise:
- Help others.
- Stay inside the "limits" of a community I don't know that much yet (only been active here for about 6 months).
- I already told you I don't care that much about rep. Maybe just a little bit, though. :-p