- Retag the [html] + [table] questions to [html-table]
- Conflicting tags (This led to founding of lua-table)
The tag table has become cluttered with all kinds of questions ranging from sql tables (for all DBM systems, HTML tag
<table>, outputting content in any language (PHP, C#, LaTeX to name a few) as a table and several plugins of various languages and/or IDEs (like jTable, tablesorters and the kind).
The current count stands at 18,315 questions having this ambiguous tag. A few of possible suggestions for cleaning process:
- table + html to html-table | 5,011 questions
- table + lua to lua-table | 47 questions
- table + mysql to database-table | 2,567 questions
- table + postgresql to database-table | 99 questions
- table + other-specific-DBM systems to whatever_DBM_it_is-table
- table + database to database-table | 1,152 questions
Since I've no idea about other languages and their specific features regarding table, I'd ask the community for their input on this (such as C#+table, python+table, android+table and r+table). The other questions are either tagged with
sql and similar tags, and in my opinion, just removing table from such questions would be enough!