I would like to create a local MySQL copy of Stack Overflow for academic purposes (school project). As far as I know, the database dump of the stackoverflow.com database is available only in an XML format that I will have to convert to SQL on my own with some tool.
Most of direct download links I found were broken (404). The only non-torrent source that I have found and that is still alive is http://tejp.de/files/so/dbdump/ but the latest Stack Overflow dump there is from October 2009, content of which looks like this:
Where could I find a direct download link with the Stack Overflow dump?
Note: I am not able to use torrents due to network policies, yet for the completeness of this question, here's the link that might help someone: http://www.clearbits.net/creators/146-stack-exchange-data-dump
Other related questions / links that haven't helped me:
- Can the Stack Exchange data dump be provided as a public data set on Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
- Non-BitTorrent way to get the Stack Overflow Creative Commons Data Dump? ~ all links there give 404
- new data-dump in SQLite format available ~ from September '09 with another broken link
- Download Stack Overflow data for a research project ~ from about a year ago with a clearbits.net link
- http://media10.simplex.tv/content/xtendx/stu/stackoverflow/ ~ also not working anymore