User in question is that one

When I was checking SO meta, I come across with that Question As I check the user history, I see many (many) 1 character edits, a single whitespace character somewhere in the text, generally at the end

Revision history is 115 page long and it is hard to undone all invalid edits. Probably he is a badge hunter. How can I report this user directly?

  • 4
    As always, flagging one of the user's posts for moderator attention and described the situation in the custom field is probably the easiest way to report it. Oct 8, 2013 at 11:04
  • Yet more fun with this user >:| How many times does a user have to be discussed on meta before something longer-lasting is done? This doesn't even include his (at least one) sock puppet. Oct 8, 2013 at 11:50
  • 1
    And how is it that single-character whitespace edits were accepted anyway, I thought there was a minimum? Oct 8, 2013 at 11:56
  • @DaveNewton There's no minimum for users above the edit threshold (2000 on SO, I believe). The minimum only applies to suggested edits. Oct 8, 2013 at 13:19

1 Answer 1


In general, just flag one of the posts that was edited with the "needs moderator attention" flag and explain the problematic pattern. A moderator will deal with it. There is also no need to roll back, as the edits don't do anything, undoing a non-edit would just add more noise to the revision history.

In this case this is not necessary, the mods are already aware of it.

  • 4
    I think we posted our comments/answers as the exact same time, according to the tooltip timestamps. +1! Oct 8, 2013 at 11:08

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .