I had a situation, searched the web, found nothing, wanted to ask on SO, thought to ask on https://dba.stackexchange.com/ , but saw that on SO is also a huge community and 30 times more questions to this tag, were anxious to do something wrong, pondered,
wrote the question on SO,
because there is the most related to the topic, most boom, most attention, simply because the most do it so, and generally there is no compulsory process and no rigour execution.
My question I am talking about is Oracle: How to round and update all numbers in a table? . And speaking of the oracle tag, there are approx. 100 questions, tagged with oracle, every day on SO. So, when ckecking how the major part does, one can conclude, its OK to post here on SO, it cannot be unwelcome..
This thread specific question set:
- Why are these database tags, respectively this e.g. oracle tag is open for asking specific database questions and why are new questions to databases are not strict moved to dba.stackexchange, because this is the correct site and there is already a oracle tag?
- Migration is already a much discussed topic. Is there maybe already such a migration peer group, migration projects?
- Depending on 2.==true: If there are such migration projects, what is done resp. is there already something considered to prevent or forbid the reappearance of countless e.g. database questions again on SO?
- Is there a usergiude, a faq section, a help site, explicitly dedicated to find the right stackexchange site, how to prevent topic mixture and explanations whats the problem and what is done against it?
- Is there something under way to solve this topic intersection and mess of SO and sibling sites? Is there already a scheduled plan, a running project, a built think tank, a delegated group for this matter? So that I can feel reassured, that it is not my sole worry and that something will come.
Please answer information to this list what is officially planned respectively under way.
Anttention! This should not be another thread for twaddle, ideas and not a subjective pool for all-wise answers.. Also! The thread deals not direct with this oracle example, but general about some overlapping topics and tags, which are natural because SO was the first site online.
I please would like to get information, if there is something, that addresses already this problem, if there are running things, if this is already a topic on the schedule/to do list of the leading people and higher ranks here!