I realize we did receive some stickers before, but I believe more stickers would be tolerated. Of course, you should deserve them first. Are there any possible sticker competitions?
Historical note: in its early days, Stack Overflow provided stickers to anyone willing to send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the office. This is no longer the case; official statement follows.
Stack Overflow does not currently provide stickers upon request. While we do have stickers, they're printed primarily for top-user swag and promotional event purposes.
I second this. I want stickers. SO MANY STICKERS.
What would I do with said stickers, you ask? I would place them
- on my laptop,
- on-or-around my cubicle at work, and
- on my coworkers (probably on their backs, while they're not looking).
I think this promotes Stack Overflow and the Stack Exchange network in a positive and professional way.
Where would I place stickers?
- My laptop, top and bottom (it's too thin to put them on the sides)
- Every door I see (because people couldn't help seeing them as they open the door)
- My car (because I go a lot of places)
- Other peoples' cars (because they might go a lot of places)
- The back of my TI-84 (the buttons and screen are on the front)
- My cat
- Random places in Wal-Mart (because lots of people go to wal-marts)
- My ceiling fan (because everyone looks at ceiling fans)
- Random light bulbs (because then you would have to look at the sticker to remove it so you can see)
- Inside red freehand circles (because that's where they originated)
- On waffle makers (because then I would want to make more waffles)
I also want stickers!
I'm going on a canoe trip tomorrow, and it would be amazing if I could place a Stack Overflow sticker on the canoe to advertise to all the tech-savvy wild animals I'm likely to see.
Although, it seems this could become a bit of a sticking point, after all the previous ones were a little tacky. As long as SO adheres to proper techniques they should be able to avoid getting in a bind.
I only joined this network because of this, published on Jan 20 '12
I thought "Yes, I want stickers", so worked my way to the first page. Now, almost two years later, here I am, all addicted, no stickers o_Ø
yes please, they would be immeasurably handy for patching the hole in my roof whilst providing a visual advertisement to visiting friends, relatives, wildebeest and repairmen.
I travel to many conferences (scientific and technical) and teach senior students - it would be a great way of spreading the word throughout my professional activities.
I'd be able to stick them all over my dad to convince him to join!