This question already has an answer here:
I think there should be a common website for asking questions and similarly user info should be visible from every website for every Stack Overflow / Stack Exchange website.
The problem is the difficulty to remember all Stack Exchange websites. Stack OverFlow became a very good Q & A site and it is always Stack Overflow only in mind.
Yesterday, I have asked one question on a Stack Exchange site and I forgot where did I asked. Now waiting for an email about that question. I asked that question on Stack Overflow but it got downvotes with suggestion about particular website and I posted in that website after deleting the question from Stack Overflow .
I think these solution, which should be helpful for Stack Overflow:
- Question Form should be one shared by all websites. There we need to enter Category and that category will be Stack Exchange sub-domain which is required to choose.
- User menu should be shared so that wherever we are, we can see our status.
- Aggregated website will help user remember website and it will help SEO as well when sites will be structured like this: Stack Overflow/Category/questions.... where Category is sub-domain name currently used.
- Sub-Domain can be retained with Canonical URLs.
- To make suggestions about the question being asked, Category can be made first field to help collect suggestions for users.
- Better User Experience as user no need to remember where a question should be posted and where he has posted his last question.