Both hypothetical and experiment seem to be perfect meta tags for Stack Overflow as they can't work as the only tag on any question. I guess there is no room for hypothetical questions anyways. Would like to hear your opinion to decide if I should start the removal process.
Both tags are ripe for burnination. I've gone through and:
- Removed them from the handful of questions (only 21 and 44 posts for these)
- Voted to close any that are blatantly off-topic or too broad; Stack Overflow is about practical, answerable problems, not hypothetical, experimental thought puzzles.
In the process I also came across the developer-psychology, a real gem of a tag with two remaining questions that need closing and deleting; feel free to help out there!
Questions I VTCed for:
a custom reason (way outside the stated topics for SO):
- Validate an html document that I wrote with document.write()
- How to find and eliminate sources of randomness in a Java program
primarily opinion based:
- What would a multithreaded UI api look like, and what advantages would it provide?
- Programming experiments
- Would there be benefits to a struct String in .Net?
seeking external resources / recommendations:
- Tools for analysing experimental data
- Existence of a table generation framework for experiments
- Modify TCP/IP protocol on router
- Inspiring web experiments and technical demos
- Experimental IDE concepts
- Way to store large amount of experiments and corresponding results
- Tool for manipulating results of large set of computational experiments
- Free Hadoop Cluster for Experiments