Is there a way to comment on/elaborate others question if I'm facing the same problem? I do not have an answer or I do not want to create a duplicate question.

2 Answers 2


What you shouldn't do:

  • post a duplicate question
  • post an "I'm having the same issue" answer

What you should/can do:

  • request further clarification using comments. (requires commenting privilege)
  • place a bounty on the question, asking for more details (requires bounty privilege)
  • if you have a related question (not a duplicate one), you can also post a new question, citing the first one and clearly explaining how your question is related but different.

If the question is duplicate, do not ask another question and don't ask for clarification by answering on that question. You need to earn commenting privilege to ask any question via comment. This privilege can be earned when you reach to 50 reputation.

Have a look at this post for best way to increase your reputation and privileges.

  • Worth noting that asking new questions in comments isn't a good idea.
    – user206222
    Commented Nov 25, 2013 at 6:39
  • 2
    @Emracool - Yeah if we want some clarification of a question or an answer then we can use comment. If we have a different question, it's worth to ask a separate question (after searching for a dup).
    – Himanshu
    Commented Nov 25, 2013 at 6:41

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .