Is there a way to find the Question where I only upvoted a comment?

Hours after I upvoted a comment I've found good information on that question. Now there was no way to find that question again.

I thought I can go to my profile, click on votes and will find my comment upvote. But there are only upvotes on questions and or answers but not on comments.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to find the question again where I only upvoted one comment?

  • 7
    No, you cannot; comments are second-class citizens and not searchable. Comment votes are third-class citizens.. Jan 8, 2014 at 12:08
  • perhaps click on the Activity tab
    – user246806
    Jan 8, 2014 at 12:13
  • @MartijnPieters if I click on activity, comments, I can search trough the comments
    – caramba
    Jan 8, 2014 at 12:14
  • 1
    @caramba: You can see your comments there, but you cannot search through all of them using a site search. Your browser will let you search through the text currently displayed, yes, but that won't let you find older comments not shown on the particular page you are on. And those are only your own comments. Jan 8, 2014 at 12:16
  • @MartijnPieters thanks for this exact explanation. What do you mean by "search trough all of them using a site search"? On my Profile I can see all comments I left somewhere. Now for me, it would be (for what happend, explained in the question) real awesome to find those questions where I only upvoted a comment
    – caramba
    Jan 8, 2014 at 12:25
  • 4
    search your browsing history maybe
    – Bolu
    Jan 8, 2014 at 12:27
  • Bottom line: no such way exist. Next time just remember to click the star as well. :) Jan 8, 2014 at 12:36
  • 1
    @ShadowWizard don't want to click on every question star where I upvote a comment
    – caramba
    Jan 8, 2014 at 12:48
  • @caramba sure, but if you feel the question is useful favorite it, then once in a while clean your list. Jan 8, 2014 at 12:52
  • 1
    @ShadowWizard that's a good point, (it wasn't a useful question) I just kind of rememberd and found something useful so I wanted to get back to it and share. Bolus comment did the trick! Still, it would be nice to have an easy way to get back on upvoted comments as I can search trough my posted comments etc.
    – caramba
    Jan 8, 2014 at 12:59

1 Answer 1


Not through stack exchange directly, no. However comments are indexed on Google so you can try googling:

 site:http://meta.stackoverflow.com "{comment text here}"

That should give you a list of results that include the comment text, so hopefully you can find it from there. It's worked for me in the past anyway.

  • 1
    +1 verry nice, didn't even think of trying something like that (but don't remeber the comment text :) )
    – caramba
    Jan 8, 2014 at 12:50
  • 5
    @caramba Don't worry, by the time you find it you'll have forgotten what you wanted to do with it ;-) Jan 8, 2014 at 12:59
  • @caramba: Ah yes, that is the drawback of this approach!
    – JonW
    Jan 8, 2014 at 13:05

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .