Stack Exchange top bar is quite useful now and I like it. I have a request for custom ordering.
There are times when I wish ordering of the top bar is customizable like:
- Since there are 1 current site + Current site's meta + 4-5-6(?) top sites, It needs some effort to reach a site if it is not within the top 4 sites
- Reaching to a
Meta Siteis even harder since you must first go to the
Main Siteand then switch to meta.
- There are some beta sites I visit more often then the sites within my top 4 sites. But since my rep in those beta sites is not quite high.
- There are sites (like programmers) that I like to visit and read topics, but do not distribute to community in asking or answering, so my rep is low.
- I like to watch some beta sites closely, but top bar let me display only 5-6-7(?) sites.
- From time to time, I wish to watch some sites (for a few days.) Then re-change the ordering and turn it back to my normal daily ordering.
So, a customizable
Stack Exchange All Sites drop-down can be very useful. There can be two tabs in the drop-down; pre-selected custom ordering and
StackExchange default ordering. Or there can be only one ordering and it can be reset to default through a control panel\link\at-the-bottom-shortcut.
Update: as @psubsee2003 mentioned, pinning could be a good idea too.