Here's a typical question currently live on SO: Is this database properly in 3NF?. The title pretty well sums up its content.
To me, this is a no-brainer to migrate to dba.
Am I correct that it should go there?
Or is it on-topic for SO?
I have been closing these for a while now, but I notice others don't flag it. I am just wondering if I should adjust my opinion on these.
Quoting the DBA on-topic FAQ:
If you have a question about...
- Database Administration including configuration and backup / restore
- Advanced Querying including window-functions, dynamic-sql, and query-performance
- Data Modelling and database-design, including referential-integrity
- Advanced Programming in built-in server-side languages including stored-procedures and triggers.
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence including etl, reporting, and olap
then you're in the right place to ask your question!