I've been going thru the formatting help, but I cannot find how to make those cool CTRL and ALT and SHIFT signs, the ones like here

  • I am sorry if this is a duplicate, also, it is the first time I ever heard the word glyph . Sounds like a character from LOTR – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:26
  • I don't know what your native language is, but it's the same glyph that's embedded in heiroglyphics. – Joshua Taylor Feb 27 '14 at 19:46
  • Thank you, I already googled that. For those of you still wondering what it means: A glyph /ˈɡlɪf/ is an element of writing: An individual mark on a written medium that contributes to the meaning of what is written. – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:48

Originally answered here: Keyboard Glyphs, you can use the <kbd> HTML tags.


Makes: CTRL

You cannot use keyboard glyphs in comments. Can I place <kbd></kbd> in a comment?

  • testing if they work in comments <kbd>CTRL</kbd> and <kbd>ALT</kbd> – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:24
  • any ideas here? How to do the same in comments? I have seen this done. – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:24
  • Ok, mistaken with last comment. Can't be done. – Erki M. Feb 27 '14 at 19:28

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .