As of April 22nd 2014, the 10k flags queue is no more thus the below isn't relevant
As it stands now, the "disagree with a flag" option is, unintuitively, buried in the middle of a bunch of "agree"-like options. This has confused at least a few other people:
- 10k+ users can see flags now, but can't unflag
- How to disagree under the [Flag or disagree...] review dialog?
- Flag or disagree won't let me disagree
- and me, 5 minutes ago.
For the sake of UX, I would like to see the disagree option somehow separated from all the rest, and preferably use the same word to provide a better cue to the user. A couple ideas on how:
- Draw a little horizontal rule and group the "agree flags" on one side, and the "disagree flag" on the other
- Convert the "disagree" option into a button on the pop-up (e.g. Flag Answer Disagree)
- Convert the "disagree" option into a button alongside the button that makes the pop-up (e.g. Flag... Disagree instead of Flag or disagree...)
Plus, "I am flagging this answer because it has invalid flags" sounds borderline counterproductive/oxymoronic. I've heard some people say that "flags don't do anything in and of themselves", (which I'm not sure on—I've been told too many spam/offensive flags automatically deletes a post) is merely a behind-the-scenes quirk; that distinction is irrelevant to non-mods.