As I wasn't awarded with this badge when reaching over 200 daily reputation I started to wonder why. It turned out that site association bonus is excluded. Although the information at what is reputation says:
You can earn a maximum of 200 reputation per day from any combination of the activities below. Only bounty awards and accepted answers are not subject to the daily reputation limit.
You gain reputation when:
- question is voted up: +5
- answer is voted up: +10
- answer is marked “accepted”: +15 (+2 to acceptor)
- suggested edit is accepted: +2 (up to +1000 total per user)
- bounty awarded to your answer: +full bounty amount
- one of your answers is awarded a bounty automatically: +1/2 of the bounty amount (see more details about how bounties work)
- site association bonus: +100 on each site (awarded a maximum of one time per site)
Don't know if this exclusion of the account association bonus is mentioned anywhere else, but this information is misleading in my opinion.
I suggest to modify the "what is reputation" site and make it clearly inform about the situation. For example:
Bounty awards, accepted answers, and association bonuses are not subject to the daily reputation limit.
as Shadow Wizard mentioned in comment.