Imagine there is no
Doctor 3: Use my HeadPad-O-Matic and hurt the wall.
Is Doctor 1's answer a useful one given Patient's question?
My answer is, it's fair to say, a mess. Expansion, handling a comment part-way through, and a revision correcting unsupported assumptions mean that it flows poorly. It does, however, complement the other answer.
So, I'd like to solicit opinions on:
- Do I owe it to the questioner to redraft?
- It's no Doctor 3 answer and Doctor 2 is much more helpful.
- Do I owe to to the community/myself to redraft?
- Someone may find it helpful to know reasons behind the question.
- Should I cut my losses and just learn to write better answers?
The second answer is slightly miss-characterized by the Doctor 2 analogy.