I had a question on SO, and there is an almost correct answer posted. I made a comment on the answer that I will accept it when it is fixed. It was 11 days ago and it seems that the author of the answer will not come back to fix his question. What should the OP (me) do in a case like this?

  1. Accept the almost correct answer.
  2. Post a new answer that is correct and accept it.
  3. Wait and hope that the author of the answer will come back.
  4. Write an email to the author.
  5. Get someone with a high rep to fix the answer.
  • You might want to fix the title of your post. – Sinan Ünür Sep 22 '09 at 8:34
  • Chris already fixed it :) – hcs42 Sep 22 '09 at 8:44
  • 1
    Maybe the person who answered was being a jerk thinking he didn't need to fix his answer. – random Sep 22 '09 at 8:47

In this particular case (it's a minor edit), I would accept it. Your comment describes what has to be fixed. After posting it here on MSO, some highrep SO user will care about it soon.

Sinan Ünür cared about it.

| improve this answer | |
  • Thanks for both Sinan and John. – hcs42 Sep 22 '09 at 8:45

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .