Like always I hang around in Stack Overflow's chatrooms. Today, someone posted a link to his new "reloaded" user profile.
Along the lines I read in Arabic "god is a pig". So I asked him to remove it:
Me: I have a lot of respect towards you because of your knowledge but what you wrote there in Arabic is offensive. Could you remove it please?
OP: if it were in English, would it be equally offensive?
I will write it in Dutch because you ask it so kindly.
Me: yeah, I mean what's your goal? You're just seeding hatred
OP: It is an experiment.
After that, the user changed it to Dutch.
My question is: are such statements acceptable by Stack Exchange's standards? If not, should I flag one of his posts like stated here? If yes, could you state why?
My answers to possible questions:
- This happened on SO, why don't you post it on MSO?
- This happened on SO but I think it's applicable to all SE sites.
- Why didn't you link the user or the chat conversation?
- I want the user to remain anonymous unless he or she chooses to reveal him/her self. I will give the user a link to this question
- Why do you care?
- I find it offensive, not only to my religion but to any religion that believes in god. I posted this question to know what you guys and girls think about this. I live by the rules, so if it's acceptable by SE then so be it and I won't bother you again.
- If you don't like it then move on.
- I know that this is not a mosque/church/temple and that swearing is acceptable to a certain degree. But I don't see the point in insulting god, a religion or a race in a public profile. More over, it's not even built on arguments.