I have recently started using a new device and I am discovering
- Just how immensely helpful the various browser caches are on my earlier device for locating duplicates
- just how erm, poor the Closing->Duplicate search facility is.
For example On Server Fault we have a close target for licensing questions, it's title is 'Can You help me with my software licensing issue?', there are lots of questions closed as a duplicate of it.
When I enter the full title of the question into the search box it appears 13th on the list. Most of the other questions presented as possible duplicates are in fact already closed duplicates of the one I want to find. This is really not helpful.
It seems to me that improving the sorting such that
- If there is a exact match for a title then this Q&A should be presented first.
- Questions that are open and are dupe targets should be presented ordered by the number of questions closed against them.
- Questions that are already closed duplicates should be presented after open questions (or not at all).
would be very helpful.