Update June 25, 2014:
We made some tweaks based on feedback:
- Got rid of "Community Bulletin" as a header
- Switched sub-headers to Title Case instead of ALL CAPS
- Added score to hot meta posts so they line up with the icons
- Moved the dates on events after the name of the event (it was before)
We just rolled out a redesign of the community bulletin. The goals were:
- To make blog posts, events and featured posts stand out more
- To distinguish between featured posts from MSE vs. the site's meta, and SE blog posts vs. site blog posts
While also trying not to overwhelming the page too much, since it's still secondary content.
So here's what changed:
- Blog posts, events, and featured posts get their own section when they exist.
- They also get icons to make them visually distinct, and to show network vs. site items
- Hot Meta Posts aren't shown if there are too many items above, to keep it from getting too long
Here are some screenshots:
There are no sites with blog posts right now, so I couldn't show that, but blog posts also get a section when they exist.
Credit Stephane and Laura for the design and Oded for the implementation.