Is there a way to navigate the questions and answers via the keyboard? I'm thinking of something like what gmail does.

I'd rather not depend on a Greasemonkey script if I have to.

  • Do you mean in a similar manner to Google Reader, and Gmail? Jul 4, 2009 at 14:42
  • 1
    Either one actually since they are similar in their core navigation via keyboard. j/k to go down/up the questions, o to open, r to answer/reply, c to comment...and then j/k to go down/up the answers on a question page. s to star/favorite it. uhm...+/- to up/down vote?
    – seth
    Jul 5, 2009 at 6:41
  • Would really like to see this.
    – Chadwick
    Aug 20, 2010 at 23:12
  • Keyboard shortcuts for next/previous answer would be extremely helpful for a question with a lot of answers. See reviewboard.org/docs/manual/dev/users/reviews/reviewing-diffs/… for an over-the-board (but still helpful) example. Sep 22, 2010 at 19:34
  • 1
    This has been requested in a question with a surprisingly similar ID.
    – Jan Fabry
    May 27, 2011 at 15:46

1 Answer 1


I have not seen any real method of keyboard navigation outside of your standard keyboard navigation for the web browser, and this has a tendency to skip over some things like the vote mechanisms and other AJAX-esque elements.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .