Occasionally I get a downvote. Just a downvote. No comments, or other type of feedback whatsoever... and i think that it is frustrating. I mean, i like my points, i dont have many, so i cherish every-single-one.
So, i would like to pitch a idea i'm calling "WHY" (its not a acronym...).
The whole thing would work like this:
- If you get a downvote (on a question, or answer) you would be able to call out why
- the person who downvoted would receive a email/notification and be prompted to explain "why" of the downvote
- in a given amount of time (something like 24h) this person would go back to the "downvoted" item and
- either comment, explaning why of the downvote or
- the points would be "returned" to the "poster" as if the downvote had never occured, BUT the "downvoter" would not get his points back!
I think this is viable and interesiting idea because it would drive feedback to new and old guys, and possibly increasing posts overall quality!