I have recently updated my resume on Careers. I'd previously created a PDF of the old one and used for previous applications. I wanted to apply to a new position with a new PDF of the new resume.
While applying for a position on careers, in Your Resume, I removed an existing resume, built a new one using my Careers profile, and was kicked back to the job posting. This wasn't what I expected. It was a bit jarring to be removed from the UI pop-up.
The regenerated resume PDF would attach and send me back to the Your Resume section, or move me onto Review & Send.
- On a posting, click Apply Now button.
- About You section. Enter your cover letter details as per normal. Click the next button.
- Your Resume section. I clicked the X to remove the old resume PDF. I wanted to generate a new one. I clicked "attach new resume" link, successfully created a new resume PDF. I then clicked the Attach To Job Application button.
- The page redirects back to the job posting. I noticed querystring param
- You now need to scroll to the bottom of the posting and click the Apply Now button to get back on track with the 3 application sections.
No state was lost, which was a relief.