When I favourite a question, it may be for a number of reasons. For example:
- One or more answers were (very) helpful, and I would like to reference them later.
- It may be an interesting read/answer, but don't have time now.
- It's an interesting newly posted question with no answers yet, but I'd like to see what answers will be provided.
- It's an interesting question and I may be able to provide an answer, but don't have the time to write one.
- I suspect that one of the answers may be wrong or needs improvement, but don't have time to investigate.
- It's a canonical question I often link to when explaining something or marking something as a duplicate.
- ... perhaps more ...
Unfortunately, they're are lobbed together in one big list, which is not very easy to navigate. In fact, it's a real pain to navigate.
There are a number of things that could be improved, but the easiest way with the largest gains is to allow assigning a category or tag to a favourite question.
Just one category per question would be fine; for all I care, they don't even have to be named by every individual user, having 10 pre-made categories named "1" to "10" and/or coloured would already be good enough IMHO and already a large improvement over the current situation.
There is a related question here from 4 years ago, but that's a whole wish-list of feature requests, this is a more specific feature request. That question does include an answer with nice mockups.