I was navigating this question (the circle is my finger, courtesy of Developer Options):
- Vertical scrolling works fine for the question and answers
- Horizontal scrolling works fine at first while I'm on the top of a long question / answer
- As I go down the amount I have to touch higher is proportional to how much is not visible from the top of the question/answer
- Towards the end it's really a lot, it takes a few seconds just to find the right spot :)
- But opening the code blocks works just fine with a tap
I would expect 3 and 4 to work fine as 5 hits the targeted view.
Tried Samsung Galaxy S3 @ 4.3 and Nexus 7 2012 @ 5.1.1 with 1.0.77 (those accounts are not in beta group) and it doesn't repro there.
I was able to reproduce it only on my Samsung Galaxy S4 @ 4.4.2 with 1.0.82 beta (and whatever version I had at the end of 2014). I tried disabling Developer Options to check for interference, but nothing has changed.
It may or may not help to look into
setOnTouchListener -> view.getParent().requestDisallowInterceptTouchEvent(true).
I originally reported this bug via
email@example.com on 2014-12-06, but no response.