This question already has an answer here:
- Why are “shopping list” questions bad? 7 answers
What is with the ban against Stack Overflow questions concerning preferences? I understand the focus on facts, but information regarding preferences can be very valuable.
- What is your favorite hot-key in Netbeans?
- What is your favorite feature of jQuery?
- What is your favorite Bash prompt?
- What is your favorite PHP programming trick?
- What is your favorite Delphi mocking library?
These were all closed as "not constructive," except for the last which was closed as "primarily opinion-based." So why the ban?
If Stack Overflow isn't the right place, is there a more appropriate Stack Exchange community for questions about preferences?