I could reproduce this error across multiple days and browser refreshes and using my other OpenID provider.
Error message (shown in red, obfuscated my e-mail address):
As noted in the comments I'm not the only one, so I'd guess it may be not something I can fix. So will this be fixed?
Repro steps (using SE OpenID):
- Get an Stackexchange OpenID account (like I have)
- (optional?) Add other OpenID providers and check they're working (StartSSL in my case)
- Please note: "You" don't have an "account" for the Area 51 subpage yet and still need to do the initial sign-in.
- Go to the Area 51 SE page
- Hit "Log-in" in the top-bar
- Hit the "log-in using stackexchange" button
- Enter your e-mail and password and submit
- Get the above error
Repro steps (using other OpenID)
- Perform as above (until step 4), but this time step 2 is mandatory
- Hit "more OpenID options"
- Provide your OpenID link XXX.provider.com (works on crypto, server fault, ...)
- Authenticate against your provider
- Receive a variation of the above error (can be included if needed)