I almost never use the review queue. I mean, look at this big dumb thing
It lumbers along, slowly plodding through the list of questions with close votes, one by one, until I die from boredom. It's slow, inefficient, and wastes what little time I have to help close crap.
What I want is to jump in my F-15 SCREAMING EAGLE CRAP QUESTION SLAUGHTERING SPEED DEMON, zoom over the landscape looking for targets of opportunity upon which I can swoop down and strike with my depleted uranium VTC rounds.
It could look like your normal questions list, but only featuring those questions that have active close votes
(Wow, Jarrod, I didn't think you were behind those spam posts!)
I can skim through hundreds of questions in minutes, popping open interesting candidates for further review into background tabs.
- "Oh, hell no, we don't recommend web hosting companies!" ctrl-click
- "What moonspeak is this translated from???" ctrl-click
- "Did you just link your website in your title?" ctrl-click
- "Did you just say best practice???" ctrl-click
- "I'll give this guy a Tutorial!" ctrl-click
- "BROTHER PRINTER SUPPORT NUMBER!!!!" ctrl-click
Essentially this is the same workflow I follow when going through the regular list of questions. I see a question which smells funny, I pop it open in a new tab, and when I get to it I can deal with it as I do any other question.
I find this workflow so much superior for finding and dealing with questions that need closin' than the actual review queue. It's much faster and I get to help quickly do the needful. Please make it even better by showing me a list of questions with close votes.