There is a related question, but that's not what I'm asking about.
Instead, I happened across a neat idea on the Mi Yodeya meta site. They have selected certain questions and answer to be put into a nice, printable style that can be handed out to people at events. Supposedly Jin, the SE graphic designer, made all of those.
I would like something similar for all questions on all sites.
I envision that it
- takes the text of the question,
- let's me select which answers I want with it,
- has different size options (e.g. page, booklet, or card),
- offers various other options (e.g. show users' names, show votes, etc.),
- then formats it into a nice printable page with the site logo and maybe a plug at the bottom to bring in more visitors.
So, I am sort of proposing a print button, but a userscript would be fine with me. I've never made a userscript before, but I'm under the impression it's just local js and css installed in your browser and adjusts pages for your machine only. I certainly use them, but if a userscript is made, someone from the community, and not an SE employee, could do it.