There are some guys who seem to be flooding or spamming me. Is there a way to ignore or block a user, like what can be done in Facebook, for example?


2 Answers 2


No, you cannot ban a user. If you feel a user is trolling, flag one of their posts for moderator attention so they can look at it, and warn (or suspend) the user when necessary.

  • Sorry, I mean flooding, not trolling. Edited my question
    – Antonio
    Jun 27, 2015 at 23:46
  • 2
    @Antonio still the same answer.
    – nicael
    Jun 27, 2015 at 23:46

Only moderators can suspend users.

No users can be banned until moderators decide to permently destroy the account into shreds if that person seems to be too annoying in our digital society. Flag the user's post and in the Other section, write your reason for wanting that user suspended if necessary. Also give a friendly warning. If the user ignores it, it might go against that user in the future... Other than that, just go on with life as we know it today.

  • 3
    banning != destroying the account. Bans can be temporarily
    – juergen d
    Jun 28, 2015 at 2:23
  • 1
    Actually that's not what I mean. I just do not want the noob to see my questions and me to see his
    – Antonio
    Jun 28, 2015 at 5:45
  • That is not possible really. Anyone can visit your profile so the only way is to change your username. And that might still not work Jun 28, 2015 at 12:57

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .