Stack Exchange Network
Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
Visit Stack Exchange
Meta Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for meta-discussion of the Stack Exchange family of Q&A websites. It only takes a minute to sign up.
Sign up to join this community
Anybody can ask a question
The best answers are voted up and rise to the top
I have found out that site moderators can edit certain parts of pages in the Help Center. In particular, "What topics can I ask about here?" or parts of it can be customized.
What pages or parts of pages are editable exactly?
- Is "How do I ask a good question?" editable? This came up on Science Fiction & Fantasy SE because I'd like to have information about a particular very common category of questions to be included there.
- What other pages in the help center are editable?
- Can moderators change which links show up on the Help Center main page and in what order?
- What parts of the Tour can be edited?
- Can some the suggestions that show up on the "Ask Question" page under the headings "How to Ask", "How to Format", and "How to Tag" be edited?
This would be useful to know, because when we discuss site policies of the meta of a StackExchange site, I'd like to propose edits that the moderators can actually carry out.
244k5959 gold badges599599 silver badges12271227 bronze badges
asked Jul 2, 2015 at 13:13
68444 silver badges1313 bronze badges
Parts of the Help Center that moderators can edit:
Parts of the Tour that moderators can edit:
Note that Stack Exchange developers / Community Managers / employees can also edit probably any other section of the site, if you make a good enough case on your per-site meta. For example, the "Ask Question" page on Programming Puzzles & Code Golf looks like this:
answered Jul 2, 2015 at 13:53
45.2k1414 gold badges100100 silver badges194194 bronze badges
You must log in to answer this question.