I am answering questions on Arduino Beta - some of those answers are quite lengthy, including images and code (as are answers by others) and it would be a pity if they were just lost one day.
If the Beta site closed, I could envisage one or more of:
- Moving some of the questions and answers to my own forum
- Moving them to the StackOverflow site (which already has a lot of questions/answers about Arduino)
- Move them to the Arduino Forum, at which I am a moderator
Of course, in the case of my own answers there would be no issue of getting permission, and in the case of answers by other people this could follow discussion with the authors.
I would prefer to be able to access the markdown (question source) rather than having to redo the markdown when reposting.
So, my question is:
- If a Beta site is closed down, is this after a warning period, so we have the ability to grab the markdown for answers we want to save (and any images)?
- Do we have the option to migrate them to other sites? (I currently don't have enough rep for that, perhaps I might have when and if the site closed).
- Even after the closing date, is there still a time period in which authors can migrate their questions/answers?
- Are some questions/answers migrated automatically (eg. if they have a good score)?
(My searches haven't revealed an exact answer to this).