I have the edit privilege. If I edit a post which has a pending suggested edit, then:
- My edit starts from the version resulting from the suggested edit. I'm not notified of that, or even of the existence of the suggested edit.
(There's actually a clue, but it's pretty discreet — the edit summary field is pre-filled with the summary from the suggested edit.)
- The suggested edit is marked as rejected by Community with the message “This edit conflicted with a subsequent edit.”
- The suggester is not credited in the edit history, my revision combines the suggested edit with my modifications.
This can happen if an edit is suggested while I have the page open: I click on “edit”, and think I'm editing the version that I was just reading, but in fact I'm editing somebody's suggested edits. It also happens if I deliberately visit
/posts/12345/edit, which used to provide a valid way to improve an edit after having clicked on “Approve” but while it was still waiting for others to review.
There are two bugs here, but I'm making a single report because they're very closely linked.
- I'm not told about the suggestion, so my edit includes content that I'm not aware of, yet is attributed to me.
- The suggestion is marked as rejected and the suggester is not credited in the edit history, yet the suggested changes are made.