From time to time, a question I posted on some Stack Exchange website didn't get any useful answer or got too many comments that I don't find interesting, which led me to post it another Q&A platform (e.g. Quora, mailing list, etc.). Sometimes, I received a useful answer there.
What shall I do regarding my Stack Exchange question in that situation:
- edit the question to add a pointer to the external resource that contains the answer
- add a comment pointing to the external resource that contains the answer
- add the link to the external resource as an answer
- add the link to the external resource + the useful content as answer, if copyright/license permits
- delete the Stack Exchange question