This question already has an answer here:
Recently, I gave my opinion to a moderator on the Stack Exchange Movies & TV chat room and was scolded like a child. It is very frustrating to me to make a comment in the chat room and constantly be scrutinized for not being in their "club".
I read a previous question, What recourse do I have if I believe a moderator has abused their privileges?. The answer to that question is:
- Send a message to the Stack Exchange team via the "contact us" link at the bottom of any page with your complaint and links to the questions/answers.
- Flag for moderator attention and request a second moderator to have a look.
For the record, here are levels of moderation (from highest to lowest):
- Developers - Stack Exchange developer team
- Community team
- Diamond moderators - Elected by the community or appointed as moderators "pro tempore" for beta-sites.
- Regular users with reputation points-based privileges
There are only a handful of users that chat in that room, and I believe that most of them are moderators due to the fact that they have the power to delete comments/questions, etc. They all agree with the one moderator who is basically their "leader" So, that is where my frustration lies.
Also, there is never any chat about movies and TV. It is only complaining about ID questions or putting down other Stack Exchange sites if they are beta. It is just frustrating because I love movies and TV, but unfortunately, the chat room never discusses any of that. They are all too worried about the way their Stack Exchange site looks to other Stack Exchange sites… (but only the ones that matter).
What can I do as a new user to chat about Movies & TV on Stack Exchange without a moderator always in the room "judging" every word I say?