I want to ask a question having to do with international measurement standards, but there doesn't seem to be a site—either full-on or even just in Area 51—that fits this topic.
The closest ones full-fledged sites that I could find was
- English Language & Usage,
- History of Science and Mathematics, and
- EL&U is more about usage (go figure), and specifically English, so it doesn't entirely fit the topic;
- HS&M might work, but that still seems to be a bit of a stretch; and
- Linguistics, again, might work but a) it seems to be closer to EL&U in this regard than to metrology, and so it would likely be a bit too much of a stretch if you ask me.
As stated, I also looked among the Area 51 proposals and although there was a proposal for an International and National Standards site, it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere and I can't find any similar or even related site among the ones that have been accepted. I found out about this proposal at this Meta question.
Out of all the Area 51 proposals that have been accepted (I looked at all of them), the ones that seem to best fit this topic are
- Good Practice, and
- Quality Assurance Engineering
However, as with most of the ones above, both of these would be a bit of a stretch, and thus not exactly ideal. Additionally, not only are both still in the Define stage of Area 51 development, but the former has only 1 follower and the latter only 6 followers. So I don't see myself as likely to get many quality answers or discussions.
Thoughts, suggestions, or ideas?*
*And, also, please: don't suggest I make a proposal myself. ...I'm already considering it.
Edit 1: Some examples of questions I might ask: