The stack communities is what makes Stack Exchange unique and great. Yet it is really disturbing to see the same logo design (blue message box) used for more than one community for a long time (until it's released from beta).
So why not involve the users by helping in logo design?
There are several notes that will make this a competitive idea among users:
- Make a design competition (that any Stack user can enter) once every week.
- Users are asked to design a logo for a community (every week one community that has no logo will be chosen according to it's number of users and popularity)
- There will be several standards and guidelines for users to follow so their design will be accepted (ex: design extension, image dimensions, file size...)
- Users upload their design to a specific server or email it to a specific email given to them.
- After all designs are submitted, users are welcome to vote for the designs they think are the best (Every user may have a limited number of votes).
- At the end of the voting period (1 day maybe) the logo with the most votes is chosen to represent the community, and the designer gets reputation points, and maybe a badge!
- Also all participants who had their logos get more than a certain number of votes could earn some reputation points thanks to their work.
At last, i think that this would make a good deal to Stack users and the Stack Communities themselves and everyone would be definitely glad if it really happened!