To enroll in the iOS app beta program, use the beta sign up sheet. Existing testers will need to reenroll.
After you register (but not immediately) you will receive instructions from Apple for installing the app on your phone. The invitations will be sent out in waves, so if you don’t get an invite immediately, be patient.
Crash reports will be automatically reported back to us using Crashlytics. Bugs or feature requests should be reported here on meta and tagged ios-app. The easiest way to report a bug/feature request is in the About page at the bottom of the menu. These options include relevant build and device information in your post.
As always, we welcome your feedback and are committed to building the best mobile app possible for browsing the Stack Exchange sites.
How is this different from the existing beta program?
- All updates are done through the Test Flight app, meaning there's no secret link to lose.
- You can get optional email or push notifications from Test Flight alerting you to the updated build and what's changed.
The app isn't installed separately from the production app. It appears and behaves exactly like the App Store build app except that it has new features and an orange dot before its name:
- The beta precisely emulates the behavior of the App Store build.
- It significantly lowers the gap between releasing to the beta channel and releasing to the App Store, making it much easier to ship new releases.
- It makes shipping a beta harder. (You win some, you lose some.)