This question already has an answer here:
- SEO in Stack Overflow 20 answers
I don't really understand this one. Every time I searched for a programming question, at least one SO link pops up somewhere in the first page of the search results. I read about this in this question.
However, I cannot understand why whenever I searched for something in Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics, most of the times, the corresponding SE sites are not present in the results.
According to an answer of the above post, this is why SO appears so many times in search results:
- Tons of (original) text content.
- Lots of internal linking + sitemaps make it easy to crawl.
- Prominently placed header tags with question titles.
- Tagging for extra keyword-relevance goodness.
- Question titles in url string.
- Lots of external links (from other sites to stackoverflow)
But other SE sites have these factors, right?