Contest Has Ended
Thanks to everyone for participating. I will be contacting those who participated for shipping details and item verification within the week. Keep a lookout for the email!
Tired of seeing all the Stack Overflow swag everywhere? Want something different? Well, now's your chance! For a limited time only, you could have your very own shot at receiving one swag item - your choice - anything we currently have available!
What do I have to do?
Write us a story about why you need to have this particular item. How will it make your life better? What are you going to use it for? How jealous will it make all of your friends? Do your best to really convince that we cannot let the opportunity pass by to give you this thing.
What do I get?
- One (1) of the item you requested, assuming it's still available (see additional information below).
- One (1) super awesome, embroidered Stack Exchange Fan Patch - how cool is that!? We're totally not just giving these away because we have a huge stock of them that we can't get rid of and will never order again.
Also, a few things about certain types of items we have available:
- If you request stickers as your swag item (stickers? seriously? we let you pick anything and you pick stickers!?!?), we will send you a five-pack of them.
- We only have shirt sizes Small through XXL, and if you want a Stack Overflow shirt those also come in women's sizes (same scale). Since we use several different brands of t-shirts, we don't have a global sizing chart available.
- If you pick our awesome fan patch as the thing you want, we will send you two of them - one as the item you requested and one as the bonus item.
- If the item you requested runs out and we no longer produce it, we'll ask you to pick something else to send you in its place. If we do still produce it, we'll ask you if you'd like to switch or wait for it to be restocked.
- No, you may not request a signed painting of unicorns. Sorry.
Are there any rules?
Of course there are rules! What would life be without rules?
- You must have at least 200 reputation on a site in order to request that site's specific swag items, excluding any Stack Overflow or Stack Exchange swag which is fair game for everyone.
- You may submit as many entries as you want, but you may only win once. If you win, you'll be given the option of which item you want among the ones you wrote stories for.
- Answers must be at least two paragraphs. Real paragraphs, none of that two sentence nonsense. Don't make us disqualify you!
- Each answer must have an unique title describing the story we're about to read (put it in a header to make it stand out).
- Submission deadline is January 4, 2016 at 00:00 UTC. Hmm, that date looks familiar...
So, who will actually win?
We will be awarding at least 30 users with the swag of their dreams, ordered by top-scoring answers right here on this question. If we really love the stories you all came up with, we may award even more (maybe even everyone who made it to a score of 10). Those who win their beloved dream prize will be contacted via email by myself for their shipping details.
Wait, wait! I don't know what I want!
If you're unsure what you'd like to write your story about, stop by and chat with us in the Tavern on the Meta where users can give you an idea of what some different types of swag are, and we will be dropping some random images of swag we have in stock that you might not have known about.
Swag Availability Updates
Since a lot of people are requesting hoodies, I'd like to clarify that most of the hoodies and/or jackets you may have seen over the years are no longer produced. The only one we currently have available for distribution is this old Super User hoodie (and we have very few of them left). The blue Stack Exchange hoodie is not a user swag item (it's only available to employees) and is not available for distribution.
Also, you may not request a moderator's diamond hat, as they are only given to moderators.