Steps to reproduce:
- Find a question in search result listings.
- Click the search result to go to the question.
- Click edit to improve the question.
- After deciding to read comments/answers/not presently edit, remove "/edit" from the URL, expecting to go back to the question.
5. Return to question page.
5. 404 Page Not Found error.
If a 404 will be returned, at least a suggestion to change "posts" to "questions" in the URL would be helpful, but it seems like this could be automatically attempted and the user automatically redirected away from 404 to what they were apparently looking for.
As discussed in a now-deleted answer, "There are PLENTY of routes that being with or contain
/posts/ - just not the one used to display questions and answers." Given all the routes that do contain
/posts/, it seems reasonable to expect
/posts/<id> to display the post with the given ID.