This question already has an answer here:
I don't know where to ask this question on the Stack Exchange Network.
I think that the answer would be too long and maybe too general.
I don't know whether if it should be asked only once as a complete question or if I should separate it into more than one question.
I have a php website that is hosted online. I want to use the website php files to build more than one website using the same main php files. Something similar to the Exchange Network. To be more specific I mainly want the following features in my website.
- Use the same php files on the main server to build the other websites.
- I don't want to copy the php files to the other servers. So when i change a file in the main server the change is applied on the other websites.
- The other websites will be on different domains, or maybe sub-domains. i.e: if the main website has the domain
www.example.com, the other websites' domains could be
- Every website has it's own database which stores only it's data.
- If the user registered on one of the network's websites, he is registered in all of the network's websites. i.e: if the user registered in the website
www.example2.com, and then he opened the website
info.example.comfor the first time in his life, the
info.website.comshould consider him as a current user in the network.
- Every one of the websites has a special settings that differs from the other websites of the network. For example, the page's title and the welcoming sentence both exist on all the networks' websites, but they are not the same in content.