For those who don't know me, I'm a product designer here at Stack Overflow.
Currently I'm working on a project called Teams (for more information about Teams and other projects, read Tim's post on Meta.SO). Some features we're looking to add to Teams require a more feature-rich image uploader. However we don't want to build a better image uploader just for Teams. We think this could be a great enhancement for the entire network as it is an item that everyone interacts with regularly.
I did some digging around and you've already been making a number of requests! Below is a list of feature-requests I found this morning:
- Make all imgur.com links protocol-relative
- Allow SVG image uploads
- Scale down giant photos
- Explanation for uploading & linking images
- Reuse image description (alt text) as hover tooltip (title) by default
- Resizing an image in a post?
- Picture rotation
- Hint the possibility to post image links instead of the actual image for low-rep users
- When writing a question, the "Images" help tab should describe how to upload an image
Is there anything else you'd like to add? I'm sure I missed some. Respond with previous suggestions I've missed or with your own suggestions. Personally I'd love to able to resize and crop an image (this happens a lot with screenshots).
Understand that I can't guarantee what will be worked on or when, but letting us know what you want will help us determine an order. Thanks for your help!