Let me see the original question while answering.
This is my pattern:
- Click on "answer"
- Open the original question in a new tab by clicking on "Return to original question" ( now gone )
- Switch back and forward to see if I'm missing something.
It is important to me to look several times at the question. I don't want to write a good answer and get downvoted only because the OP said:
and I typed:
and have comments and downvotes saying "He said Foo not Bar" and deviate the attention from the answer to the small mistakes I may have committed ( enough is to take care of the spelling already )
I would like to have ( honestly, I don't really have a clue of "how" ) a view of the original question while answering.
It was already a hassle having to switch between tabs, but now the link is gone, a just a couple of click harder now I have to:
- click back
- dismiss whatever I might have written
- open the "answer" in a new tab
- and made a lot of mistakes because the question is now at my left and not at my right where it was.
Having this view, will allow me ( us ) to give better answers, and to use the system in a more "humane" way.