In the Stack Exchange routine to add a new login, the Verisign option is prominent.
If (as some users have observed) the Personal Identity Portal service will be discontinued in less than four months, then:
- Stack Exchange should cease promotion of the Verisign option.
Here is the notification received by me:
Personal Identity Portal
This is to inform you that effective Monday 12 September 2016, Symantec will be discontinuing the service currently located at:
All content from the service will be discarded and there will be no backups made. It is the user's responsibility to remove any content as after the date above it will not be recoverable.
This will be the only notification provided. Due to the nature of the service, there is no migration plan available.
If you have any questions you can send an email to:
Other observations on the notice of discontinuation:
- https://indy.im/notice/19652502 (2016-05-06)
- http://pastebin.com/JHi5AXR1 (2016-05-06)
- Symantec PIP stops 12 September 2016 - Bende / 353 - PodcastPlayer Forum (2016-05-07)
- Is Symantec failing hard at being Google? - What the Daily WTF? (2016-05-07)
- https://twitter.com/ryan_fung/status/729563772914835456 (2016-05-09)