Many questions are relevant to multiple SE sites, e.g.,:
- Can a bash script tell if it's being run via cron?
- Check if script is started by cron, rather than invoked manually
- How can I tell a script is running under cron?
- with a shell script, it is possible to tell when it's run with cron vs run manually?
It would be nice if it were possible to have one question instead of four above, or at least a way to link them together "officially".
One possible approach would be to allow marking questions as duplicates of questions.
A more ambitious proposal is Build and strengthen the Stack Exchange community with "crossover questions" between sites (and many others).
My actual questions are
- What is the current "best practices" for cross-over questions?
- What is the future roadmap - planned changes &c?