This post suggests a button to contest a failed audit and this other post as well as a few others agree on the fact that sometimes the audit system consider a comment on a perfect post as a negative action.

But this button feature has not been added, so what is actually the way to contest a failed audit, especially if it has led to a ban of the review queues ?

I just failed this review audit because I wanted to give the author my opinion on an easier way to achieve what he wanted to do, but it didn't directly answer his question and wasn't therefore a valid answer, which is why I wanted to put it in a comment.

Since this is an automatic ban, it's probably usual that it bans people for wrong reasons, then what's the usual way to report those cases to human beings ?

  • 1
    "How to contest a review ban ?" You just did.
    – yannis
    Sep 16, 2016 at 9:24
  • 1
    @Yannis Indeed, but I don't know if posting here is the way of doing it, hence the question.
    – Tim
    Sep 16, 2016 at 9:25
  • 2
    Just report on Meta Stack Overflow. If you have a valid case, a ♦ moderator can lift the ban.
    – Glorfindel Mod
    Sep 16, 2016 at 9:33

1 Answer 1


You contest a review ban by posting your question about the issue, together with a link to the disputed review, on the meta of the site where you've received your review ban.

In your case, that's Meta Stack Overflow.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .