The kick-mute feature in chat is... Wonderful. Instead of letting rudeness or idiocy derail a conversation, savvy room owners and moderators can quietly remove the disruptive person from the room for a short time, and continue chatting without breaking stride. The person responsible gets a polite reminder to be considerate, and the rest of the folks in the room don't have to listen to someone being berated in public.
...unless the mods/owners happen to be chatting on mobile.
The new mobile theme, wonderful though it is, lacks a "kick-mute" option. Posts have a flag option (though no mod-flag option) and a delete option, but tapping a user just takes you to their profile.
Kicking therefore requires:
- Switch to the full-site theme
- Tap the username (probably have to zoom in for this unless you have very small fingers).
- Find the menu that popped up (if you zoomed in, it definitely won't be next to the username you tapped)
- Tap kick-mute (might have to zoom in again if you zoomed out to find the pop-up)
- Flip back to mobile theme (zoom all the way out and target an unreadable link in the bottom-right sidebar).
That's... Hard to do without a significant break in the conversation, during which things may well have escalated.