Someone on another Stack Exchange site wants to integrate a function for which there seems to be no closed-form anti-derivative. One approach is to fit a function with more amenable properties to the given function. One question would be which class of functions would be best to fit.

Where would one post questions like that?

1 Answer 1


Mathematics Stack Exchange has some questions about numerical methods, but their help center mentions another solution:

There are certain subjects that, while still on-topic here, might be better addressed by one of our sister sites:


You can browse numerical analysis questions to get a feeling of what details should be included in order to make the question well-received.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .